Many parents are feeling frustrated because they don’t understand their children, so I hope this helps in understanding a little better how to handle these indigos, and what to do in a behavioral level.
To start, take your time to make 2 lists. First, when you see a newborn baby, what do you feel? What do you feel like doing? Think about it.
I’ll give you a hand.
- Unconditional love
These are things that a child brings to the world!
Next, make another list on what society gives to a child.
- Get mad
There also good things, of course, I’m just trying to make a point. These are the things a child finds in the world, and so you must understand that you have your part on your child’s behavior.
In order to not destroy ourselves, nor the children who imitate us, we have to start by being us to change the education, having in mind the child’s own energy and respecting her own autonomy.
To activate that indigo potential, you only need two things: attention, and co-creation.
- Careful nutrition (non industrialized, the most natural possible)
- Adequate treatment to balance their energies (Reiki, Yoga…)
- Responsibility, not guilt
- Dialogue – Cooperation
- Guiding action (give clues, options, and not interfere at the moment of choice)
- Magic formula: Guidance + Logical explanation + Clues and options on how to act = Happy indigos and parents
If the mission of an indigo is to change society, what is the role of the Adult?
You have to understand first how children are these days:
- Question every attitude when these don’t come from the heart
- Are contestable, revolt against injustices and lies
- Don’t accept emotional blackmail
- Don’t accept authoritarianisms, nor accept passively authority
- Are adults in a tiny body (little people), and don’t like to be treated like children
- Have no feelings of guilt
- Are not competitive
- If you try to embarrass them, you lose all their trust
- They know respect, not age
- They are the perfect mirror for the adult’s defects, they imitate all you do
- They have a very high level of vibration, and a lot of energy that they don’t know how or where to direct
Understanding is crucial on your part. They need mental organization and guidance for all their potential. An indigo is a gift, so it’s important to learn how to be facilitators to help them on their mission. This is your responsibility as co-creators.
So, how can you change your behavior?
- Understand the child’s time and space
- Talk (there’s nothing a good conversation doesn’t solve. Don’t forget to build your trust)
- Transmit Wisdom
- Experience, instead of “knowns” or “facts”
- Get in tune with your intuition, instead of always using reason
- Use the “pact” or “contract”, instead of punishments
- If you have to reprimand, do it with Love in your heart, never with rage
- Empathy (put yourself in the child’s shoes and realize what he’s feeling)
- Don’t let yourself be manipulated by the seduction and mental and emotional force
- Dedicate time and look into the eyes, listening very carefully
- Look out for signs of frustration in an indigo:
- tiffs (not speaking)
- attention dispersion
- sudden aggressiveness
What in other children can be considered a pathology, in an indigo, it just needs to be identified early by parents or teachers, because prolonged frustrations can lead them to ADD and ADHD.
Where do you know where to redirect all that energy? It’s simple. You must find your child’s passion.
I’ll give you an example of an indigo child here in Portugal. That child went from psychologist to psychologist because he couldn’t be still at school, didn’t listen, was always angry and yelling all the time. The parents were desperate and finally went to our Indigo Foundation. The boy didn’t want to go, because it was just another bunch of people who don’t understand him.
Instead of giving the boy medication, they made the parents understand what part did THEY contribute to that, and then asked “is there anything your child really loves?”. They said “he loves dolphins and wales”.
So in the foundation’s group session (for children), they decorated the whole room with wales and dolphins. Told stories of love and listened to what the children had to say. The boy was super attentive! He didn’t express any symptoms of ADHD or ADD anymore, was super happy, saying “mommy, mommy, they have dolphins!!”.
Find your child’s passion!
Another story is that they keep track of the Mayan calendar, on a board in a table. The board is like a game and is very fun. The children want to play with it, but it would mess the tracking of the kins. So they explained to the children that they couldn’t change any of the pieces because it would ruin their track of the days, and the board wouldn’t make sense anymore.
You know what? Every time they go there, the first thing they do is to run to that table and say “oh look, today is Electric Wizard”, or “today is Magnetic Star!”. They’re very happy, joyful and playful, and NONE touches ANY of the board’s pieces!
The lesson again is to explain them why, instead of forcing authority. They’ll understand and practice responsibility and decision making. If they make mistakes, instead of punishment, make a deal with them. Give rewards for good decisions, not punishment for the bad ones.
All of child’s space and balance is important for them to feel protected and serene, so you must use:
- Daily communication
- Co-creation in every moment!
Try to stop looking at your child as an empty mind that needs to be filled with something and start taking an approach that awakens the master within.
Back at the foundation they love meditation and stories of love and peace.
The most important change you need to make is not in your child, it’s within yourself. If that is in resonance with your child’s needs, then the child will change to what is needed, because you’ll be providing that support and nourishment.
Always come from a place of love, not fear. Fear controls, Love supports.
Have an open mind, your indigo needs you!
I guess you indigos have something to add, feel free to share. Remind yourselves also that it’s not your parent’s fault. They do what they can. Have patience and love in your hearts always. If they express the wish to understand, help them understand yourselves better.
I hope this helped.
This little help is a response to a request from Electra, on this post http://indigosociety.com/article-sta….html#post3244. Last edited by prometheus; 12-01-2006 at 07:04 AM. at indigosociety.com
What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible
“To love for the sake of being loved is human, but to love for the sake of loving is Angelic.” ~Alphonse de Lamartine
“The quality of the love you receive mirrors the value you place on yourself.” ~Plejaren
Nobody can control you or make you feel inferior without your consent.